Magnetic Liquid Traps
Magnetic liquid traps are those engineering device that removes ferrous tramp from liquid processing and conveying lines. Liquid magnetic traps separators provide magnetic protection for liquid lines and processing equipment. They preserve product purity by removing small contaminants.
They protect against tramp iron and other ferrous fine contamination and consists of powerful magnets to capture finest possible contaminants. Magnetic configuration ensures maximum exposure of contamination to the high intensity tubes without impeding liquid flow.
Based on the configuration and the types of contaminants they capture, the liquid tramps are of following types:
- Cartridge-Style Liquid Traps
For non fibrous fluids cartridge-style liquid traps are ideal. These types of separators are utilized where the size of the contaminants is few diameters and pose no risk of clogging. When the liquid is forced towards the tightly spaced grid the contaminants come in the effect of magnetic field which is extracted from the liquid flow by powerful rare earth magnets. The contaminants are held on the cartridge surfaces which is later cleaned.
- Magnetic Liquid Traps- Single Plate
Single plate magnet style liquid traps are effective and efficient in removing ferrous particles from viscous and fibrous liquids and liquids containing large suspended solids. The contaminants are thrusted to the magnetic plates where they are held. The magnetic field is strong enough to trap and protect the tramp materials from the wiping action of the liquid flow. The cleaning is accomplished by removing the plate magnets from the housing and wiping the ferrous tramp to the edge of the plate, where it can easily be brushed away.
- Magnetic Liquid Traps- Dual Plate
Dual plate magnet has diverter that creates a smooth flow pattern that protects fragile products from damage. The diverter also divide the product flow over two plate magnets. Thus even the flow rate is higher the dual plate traps can effectively handle it easily. The flow rate can be slowed thereby giving more magnetic protection. Also more contaminants are exposed to the magnetic field in the dual plate magnetic liquid traps.
The liquid trap magnets are equipped with powerful rare earth magnets of high-intensity thereby capturing even the minutest ferrous fines.
- As pe r the nature of the contaminants liquid trap model should be chosen. For example for non fibrous fluid containing small ferrous fines cartridge magnets should be chosen and for larger contaminants plate type liquid trap magnets are ideal.
- The liquid traps should match both the line size of your pipe or tubing and your flow rate requirements.
- The magnets should match to your operable temperature requirements.
- The trap magnets come in different forms like single plate, dual plate cartridge's type etc.
- They are easy to mount and operate.
- The liquid trap magnets are housed in stainless steel structure.
- The entire flow of the liquid is covered by the cartridge in cartridge liquid magnets which creates strong magnetic force and capture the tramp iron and ferrous particles.
- Food industries
- Chemical product flows
- Rubber industries
- Plastic industries
- The liquid traps should be mounted carefully and properly as it will help in the enhancing performance and would also solve maintenance problem.
- They must be installed in the area which is easy to access and clean.
- Liquid traps must be installed on the suction side of the pump to prevent the device from overpressure.
- The angular installation should be undertaken as per requirement and nature of the work.